Apo on the Wall BJ Patino Character Sketch of Persona's father by Jee Ann G.

I was curious about the man on the wall in my father’s office. I sneak around there just to stare and analyze the photos on the wall and my father's stuff like handguns, plaques, a sword, medals and a rifle. My father works for the government, he's a soldier. He's very strict to us.


One time, I got caught sneaking in his office. He already warned me a long time ago to stop sneaking around but I am not particular about following the rules. 


He talked to me for a minute. My father's voice is deep and you'll be frightened by its authoritative but calm voice. As he stares at me, his eyes are like sharp knives striking towards me. He's extremely thorough, accurate and careful. Very meticulous in every movement around. It creeps me out. The way he stands so firm, how he walks precisely and how he utter biting words makes me anxious. I can't even breathe properly due to his presence. And as soon as he walks out, I gasp so much air, inhaling and exhaling to aid my abnormal heartbeat. 

This is Ferdinand Marcos, namely Apo in the poem. His father's boss. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog